Our novel elements are applied directly to the article to be heated using a short, “straight-through” process.
This contrasts sharply with the (typically) 27+ stage process to produce conventional coiled wire elements, involving 7 different industry sectors.
Production Benefis - This vastly simplified process results in significant economic and operational benefits for our licensees.
(of 3-4 stage process versus the traditional 27+ element process):
The vastly simplified production process results in many producer benefits, including:
• An estimated 50-80 fold energy reduction in production (modelled at 0.05KwH’s versus 2.5-4.0KwH’s per respective element, depending on assumptions made), leading to tradable carbon credits;
• An estimated 16x reduction in raw material quantity inputs required;
• A low capital cost requirement for equipment;
• Low manning levels required to operate the automated line;
• The avoidance of highly acidic waste-water streams in the wire drawing process;
• By setting the final resistance of the new ‘flat’ heating elements only as the last stage of the production process, significantly simplified components scheduling and call-up requirements, plus lower stockholding of components is achieved, resulting in significant working capital savings;
…. all leading to a significant improvement on investment pay-back and ROI.