Applied elements are exceedingly slim, with a large, intimate contact directly with the item to be heated…
Can be of any shape, flat, profiled or contoured. The heated photocopier roll (sprayed onto a lightweight aluminium cylinder coated with aluminium oxide) further illustrates the flexibility of the spraying process.
And can cover an area or be sprayed in ‘tracks’, typically weighing only a few grams in total applied weight.
Features of our innovative ‘flat’ electric heating elements:
• Use low quantities of relatively low cost, readily available materials, typically up to 1/16th of those used in conventional sheathed coiled-wire heating elements.
• Use a short, easily automated, “straight-through” manufacturing process, employing essentially low-cost, “off-the-shelf” equipment.
• Patent-pending conditioning technology, used as a final process stage, allows resistance values and power ratings to be set within tight commercial tolerances.
Properties of our electric heating elements:
• Highly carbon efficient
• ‘Flat’ – typically being between 50-250 microns thick when applied
• Light-weight, yet robust and durable in use, being resistant to chemical attack
• Applicable to flat or contoured rigid surfaces
• Capable of being made to any size or shape via spray masks
• Powered from12v-400v (AC or DC) with low current density
• Of low inductance.
FEATURES AND PROPERTIES
OF OUR CARBON EFFICIENT HEATING ELEMENTS: