Trade press articles have taken the view that energy efficiency improvements with electrical heating systems have now “reached as far as the technology will go”. We do not agree with this view.
This extra efficiency derives from the large surface area in intimate contact with the base substrate, plus the low thermal mass and relatively low specific heat of our elements.
This significantly better heat transfer efficiency allows our elements to operate at very significantly lower operating temperatures (compared with traditional elements) to generate the same heating effect.
• Based on predicted general element operating temperatures in use, our directly applied, ‘flat’ heating elements are expected to deliver up to 40-50% energy savings versus conventional, indirect sheathed coiled-wire heating elements used for comparable purposes. Such enhanced efficiencies would result in the need for additional classifications for rating e.g. domestic appliances, or could require the re-classification of the same.
• Owing to the intimate contact of our elements with the item to be heated, and the significantly bigger surface area of the elements themselves, very rapid heating rates are possible, generating “near fast-as-gas” heating for appliances.
• The significantly lower element temperatures required for our elements (versus conventional coiled wire elements), to generate the same overall heating effect, results in easier-clean properties where this is a requirement.
• Because of the large surface area of element carrying the electric current, our elements are operating at extremely low current densities (milliamps per cm2 even when connected into a domestic 13amp circuit at 230/240v) compared with traditional conductive wire elements. Accidental contact with a live circuit should not prove fateful.
• Our elements are extremely robust and durable in use. However, even if physically damaged, our elements will continue to operate, the current simply flowing around the damaged area.
• The vastly reduced bulkiness of our ‘flat’ elements versus conventional coiled wire elements, results in enhanced design flexibility options –
USER BENEFITS OF OUR CARBON EFFICIENT ELECTRIC HEATING ELEMENTS: